Dining & Accommodations near Haleakalā
Upcountry ~ Kula Maui
Cafe & Cottages
Located in Upcountry Kula, Maui at the 3,300 foot elevation.
Sweeping bi-coastal views of the islands of Moloka’i and Lana’i,
Mauna Kahalawai and the valleys below.
Dine with us for breakfast and lunch.
Enjoy comfortable hillside view cottages …
A perfect starting point on your trek to Haleakalā National Park.
From our location: 25 minutes to the Park entrance …
The 10,023 foot (3,055 m) summit is a quick 45 minute drive
Our Tradition ~ Hospitality
60 Years of Warm Aloha
CLOSED SEPTEMBER 13 & RE-OPENING SEPTEMBER 22
Sun 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 11:30 am
COVID-19 Guidance and Social Distancing Protocols are encouraged.
Lanai/Patio dining and carry-out orders
This property follows CDC guidance and State of Hawaii mandates.
State of Hawaii COVID-19 government mandates may affect your trip to Hawaii. For trans-pacific travelers, to help stay informed and be in compliance, check out the current government requirements at hawaiicovid19.com. WE ARE NOT APPROVED BY THE COUNTY OF MAUI OR STATE OF HAWAII AS A QUARANTINE ACCOMMODATION.
$290 + taxes
$290 + taxes
1 FULL-BED & 1 TWIN-BED
$310 + taxes
Capacity: 2* (for a 3rd* person, add $40)
15427 Haleakalā Hwy., Kula, HI. 96790
FAQs and Policies
We endeavor to welcome our guests to Upcountry Kula, Maui with the warmth of Aloha. Policies have been created to help us provide consistent service and remain a viable business. We invite you take a moment to review our policies, prior to making your reservation with us.
UPCOUNTRY LOCATION ~ We are located in a rural area, known as Upcountry Maui. We are not a resort, and have no resort amenities.
CLIMATE ~ Temperatures are typically cool and comfortable at our 3,300 foot elevation. The cottages have no A/C.
KAHULUI AIRPORT ~ We are located 28 minutes or 16.3 miles (26.23 km) from the Kahului airport.
HALEAKALĀ NATIONAL PARK ~ Our location is 25 minutes or 10.7 miles (17.22 km) from the Park entrance. An additional 20 minute drive within the Park takes you to the 10,023 foot (3,055 m) summit look-out, call Puʻu Ulaʻula. A total of 45 minutes from our location to the summit.
HALEAKALĀ SUNRISE ~ A WARM jacket, long pants and shoes are needed. Temperatures before sunrise are regularly below freezing. The Inn does not provide clothing and absolutely prohibits the removal of linen, bedding/blankets from the cottage for any reason. CLICK HERE: HALEAKALĀNATIONAL PARK REQUIRES RESERVATIONS TO VIEW THE SUNRISE. Haleakala Sunrise Reservation
DRIVING FROM HANA TO KULA ~ The drive-time from Hana to our location is approximately 3 hours from both directions/routes.
PROXIMITY TO SERVICES ~ A café serving breakfast and lunch is located on the property (meals are not included). Shopping and dining is located with 15 minutes distance.
Rates are based on double occupancy (regardless of age or size) and exclude taxes. All charges are subject to Hawaii State taxes, GET (4.167%) and TAT (13.25%); and international cc conversion fees. Rates are subject to change.
Check-in: 3:00 to 6:00 pm.
- Late check-ins from 6:00 to 9:00 pm require advanced notice & appointment and are subject to a $25 late check-in fee.
- VALID-CURRENT IDENTIFICATION: Guests are required to present a valid government issued identification at check-in that matches the name on the reservation.
- CREDIT CARD REQUIRED: Guests are required to present a valid credit card to be on file prior to your stay and during your stay; preferably the credit card used to reserve the cottage.
- Only guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property
Check-out: 10:00 am.
NO LATE CHECK-OUTS. We ask that departure be on time (no grace period), so staff can prepare cottages for incoming guests. A $25/half-hour fee will be charged, if departure is after 10:00 am.
• Guests must be at least 21 years of age to reserve a cottage and check-in
• Payment in full at the time of booking to secure a reservation
• Accepted Payment: Visa and MasterCard
• All reservations must be guaranteed with a credit card, regardless of how the final payment is made
• RESERVING & PAYING FOR ANOTHER GUEST: If you are paying for another guest's stay and not staying at the inn, you will be required to complete and submit a signed credit card authorization form and a photocopy of a valid government issued identification and the front & back of the credit card used. Your card will be charged at the time of reservation for the entire amount
• MINIMUM STAY: Major holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas Prelude, Easter and high season (June-Sept) may require a two night minimum stay. If availability allows, a one night stay maybe arranged, please email us.
• FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: Guests with a confirmed reservation understand and agree to be financially responsible, subject to the noted cancellation policy, for the entire length of stay reserved, and all incidentals or damages charged to the room during the stay.
• Confirmation: a reservation is confirmed only when an email confirmation is received by the guest
Due to the small size of our inn, cancellations affect us greatly. When a guest reserves a cottage, it is removed from our available inventory and it will not be booked to another party. We rely primarily on advance reservations, and cancellations are difficult to re-book. A last minute cancellation gives us little chance of re-booking the cancelled cottage, due to our location. Therefore, we firmly adhere to a strict cancellation policy and appreciate your understanding.
• Cancellation policies are effective once a reservation is booked and confirmed
• Cancellations received 31 days or more, prior to arrival date: total amount is refunded, less a $35 per day, per cottage processing fee.
• Cancellations received 30 days or less, prior to arrival date are non-refundable and result in the forfeiture of the entire amount paid, unless the entire stay is re-booked by another party. Guests will ONLY be refunded IF we are able to fully rebook your cottage(s) dates, less a $50 processing fee
• Reservations made 30 days or less from the scheduled arrival date are non-cancellable and non-refundable, and result in the forfeiture of the entire amount paid, unless the entire stay is re-booked by another party. Total amount paid will be refunded, less a $50 processing fee.
• No-shows/late arrivals/early departures/or cancellations on or after the scheduled arrival date: guests are responsible to the entire amount of the reserved stay with taxes. No-shows on the arrival date, without prior notice, will cancel the entire reserved stay. There are no refunds or credits for unused nights.
• Reservations are not transferable to another party or another date.
• Cancel Notification MUST be made in writing and emailed to: email@example.com and preferably as a reply to your direct reservation confirmation. Phone calls or voicemails are not accepted,
• We are not responsible for unexpected situations such as: personal, family or medical-health issues/emergencies, schedule changes, flight delays, travel mishaps, weather conditions, or any exceptional circumstance or unexpected event that may arise.
• WE SUGGEST THE PURCHASE OF TRAVEL INSURANCE, AS CANCELLATIONS MAY BE UNAVOIDABLE.
• Reservations that are cancelled cannot always be re-booked so keep that in mind as you make your reservation. We may be turning away guests all week and last minute reservations may not occur.
• PLEASE RESPECTFULLY MAKE ANY CANCELLATIONS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE AS ANOTHER PARTY MAY WISH TO RE-BOOK THE SAME DATES. WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO TRY TO RE-BOOK THE COTTAGE.
• Our cancellation policy protects us as a small business with a limited number of cottage rentals available. Our cancellation policy is NOT dependent on the cause or reason of a cancellation. Trip Insurance protects you, the guest, against the unexpected. We strongly recommend that guests consider purchasing travel insurance so that you can book with confidence and be assured that you have appropriate protection should there be unexpected events.
RESERVING DURING HOLIDAYS AND/OR SPECIAL EVENT PERIODS: Reservations during special events or holiday periods are subject to a longer cancellation policy, which will be stated in the confirmation notes. Should you not cancel your reservation within the specified time frame, you will be charged for all nights of your original reservation. A minimum night stay may be required. Early departures will be charged for the original reservation.
Credit Card Authorization: By completing and submitting the Reservation Booking Form, you are consenting/authorizing the use of the credit card provided without signature on charge slip, to be processed by the inn, in order to complete the transaction to book a reservation. The submitted form received by the inn will serve as authorization. The reservation confirmation sent to the guest (via email) will serve as the receipt.
Registered Guests: Only registered guests are allowed in reserved cottages. All guest names must be listed on the reservation. If a guests arrives with more persons than the reservation was made for, and for more persons than the cottage will accommodate, then the extra person will have to book lodging separately (there is no guarantee lodging on-site will be available). There will be no refund given, if the reserving guest decides not to occupy the cottage.
Lodging: we are not a resort, bed-and-breakfast or vacation rental.
Cottage Occupany: All cottages have a maximum occupancy of (2) guests, except where noted.
There are NO EXCEPTIONS. THERE IS NO COTTAGE THAT CAN ACCOMMODATE 4+ PERSONS.
Children require the direct superivion of an accompanying adult (at least 21 years old) at all times.
Quiet hours: 10:00 pm and 8:00 am
Wi-Fi is complimentary. The password is provided at check-in
Meals We are not a Bed-n-Breakfast. Meals are not included. Guests are not allowed to cook in the cottage. No portable electric or gas cooking appliance of any type are permitted in the cottage.
Equipment/Furnishings do not include a kitchen, refrigerator or cooking appliances, roll-away beds or portable cribs.
Parking: One complimentary unassigned standard car-sized parking spot per cottage
NO: Smoking or Vaping/Open Flames/Candles/Incense/Oil Lamps or similar devices on the entire property, especially in the cottages, for the comfort and safety of all guests. This includes the use of e-cigarettes, scent diffusers and other aromatherapy products. NO EXCEPTIONS. This property is 100% smoke-free to ensure the comfort and safety of all. Guests choosing to smoke or violate the rules will be asked to leave without refund. Should there be any damage from lingering smoke or odors, there will be a room recovery fee of $300+ or the actual cost of abatement of smoke or odor damage, in order to make the cottage acceptable for incoming guests. Help us to protect our cottages, which are constructed of old heart redwood.
Noise: The Inn is not responsible for any noise/disturbance caused by off-site external sources.
Cleaning/Damages/Missing Items to the property: We want our guests to enjoy their stay experience. Damaged or missing items from the cottage and/or unusual cleaning post check-out will result in a charge to your credit card on file. Please report all spills and/or damages promptly to staff.
Guest Linens: If linens are missing from your cottage upon departure, you will be charged accordingly. Please refrain from using our white bath linens to remove makeup or to clean spills, as they stain our linens and make them unsuitable for future guests.
No Pets: Out of courtesy to our guests, we cannot accommodate pets or emotional support/companion/ comfort animals of any kind or size on the inn's grounds and premises. Guests may not bring/leave animals in a vehicle parked in the inn's lot. A cleaning fee of $500 will be assessed for unauthorized pets in cottage.
Cottage Furniture: We require guests to be respectful toward the Inn’s property. To avoid damage, furniture is not to be moved within the cottage or to the exterior outside deck.
Refusal of Services or Violations of Policies and Rules: The safety, comfort and enjoyment of all guests are important to us. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. Should there be any disorderly conduct, unpleasant/rude/disrespect to staff or other guests, intentional damage or otherwise unacceptable behavior and/or non-compliance with any of the Inn’s rules and policies or norms accepted as a condition of making a reservation, such guest's reservation may be canceled immediately without a refund, and such guest will be immediately removed from the property.
Property (Personal): Guests are advised that personal items, lost, stolen or damaged are not the responsibility of the inn. Guests are solely responsible for the safekeeping of their personal valuables and keeping their vehicle(s) and cottage(s) securely locked at all times. We are not responsible for items or valuables left in the cottage or in your vehicle. Guests or their personal property, including vehicles, are not insured by the inn/property owners against loss or damage due to fire, theft, vandalism, rain, water, criminal or negligent acts of others, or any other cause. Please read and understand our policies before making a reservation.
Acceptance of Policies: You accept our policies and terms and conditions when you make a reservation.